Saturday 7 March 2009

My Irish dancing competition

Today I was at an Irish dancing competition as you can see in the pictures. I won four medals, one was gold, two were silver and one was bronze.
These are pictures of me practicing in my competiton dress. My dance teacher lends us all one of her dresses every time there is a competiton. The embroidery on the dress is all done by a real person. I like my dress because it is very pretty.
These are my medals, I got gold for my team dance. We danced 'Sweets of May'. I got silver for coming second in my reel and second in my single jig. I got the bronze for coming third in the light double jig. My friend Anna got a cup for most pleasing and she got three medals for third place.

7 comments:

  1. You did brilliantly this morning! Imagine winning four medals :-) You looked lovely in the dress too, I think you would like to keep one of those dresses

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done!!
    You must be very pleased and I am sure your Mum and Dad are very proud of you too.
    The dress looks fantastic!
    Keep going to your classes every week

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOW not just one, or two even three BUT four medals - well done Dolly. We are all very proud of your achievements. love Judyx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yeeee haaaaa. yippeeee! Well Done girl! VERY impressive. Riverdance here you come huh!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jill I thought that sounded like you, you're the irish dancing queen!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well done! I go to your school of irish dancing and you did very well in your competition. I'm Natalie by the way and I hope you remember me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow thats good! Well done from anna

    ReplyDelete